The highly-anticipated Time Out Market Chicago is finally open after two years, and it is well worth the wait! The food and cultural market brings the best of the city under one roof with a curated mix of 18 kitchens and three bars. Further, the 50,000 square foot space includes a demonstration kitchen, event kitchen, entertainment platform with bleacher seating, and an all-season rooftop bar.
About Time Out Market
Time Out Market is the world’s first food and cultural market based entirely on editorial selection. It captures decades of local knowledge, independent reviews, and expert opinions. Therefore, everything offered in Time Out Market has been tested, tasted, and handpicked by independent Time Out journalists.
Visitors to Time Out Market Chicago will have the opportunity to explore local food from the city’s most acclaimed chefs and favorite restaurants. Additionally, guests will enjoy cooking classes with top chefs, live performances with local talent and cultural experiences inside the space.
Chefs and Restaurants
Featured chefs and restaurants include:
- Brian Fisher of Michelin-starred Entente: approachable high-end dishes
- Bill Kim: a unique take on casual Asian cuisine
- Thai Dang: masterfully executed modern Vietnamese fare
- The Purple Pig: shareable, mouth-watering charcuterie boards
- Split-Rail: pristine fried chicken and crave-worthy biscuits
- Mini Mottf: signature burger, lauded as one of the best in the country
- The Art of Pizza: fan-favorite creations and award-winning pies
- Pretty Cool Ice Cream: hand-crafted artisan ice cream
- Abe Conlon: a unique and diverse Portuguese-inspired menu
- John Manion: vibrant flame-kissed flavors
- Chef Kevin Hickey of The Duck Inn: scrumptious signature hot dogs
- Lost Larson: a drool-worthy pastry program
- FARE: healthy, clean and flavor-forward dishes
- Funkenhausen: a soulful mashup of Southern and Bavarian cuisines
- Dos Urban Cantina: a menu rooted in Mexican flavors
- Band of Bohemia: award-winning brewpub with elevated, chef-driven eats and fascinating beers
- Sugar Cube: whimsical sweet treats
- Decent Beef: a fresh take on Italian beef
- Tortello: A taste of Italy
Time Out Market Chicago Beverage Program
Time Out Market Chicago features three bars—one on the first floor, one on the second floor, and one on the rooftop (in addition to hidden speakeasy Secret Sound). The beverage program showcases inspired libations created by leading mixologists from some of Chicago’s top cocktail destinations, as well as a selection of drinks that celebrate the city’s rich history.
Time Out Market Chicago Entertainment
Guests of Time Out Market Chicago can expect a range of artistic affairs and entertainment. In addition, demo and event kitchens will host a series of cooking classes, including Chicago’s favorite, Tortello’s hands-on pasta-making classes. Click here to keep up with the monthly events.
Parents, get your kids in on Chef Erick Williams’ culinary event series geared toward local youth at the second-floor demonstration kitchen in the food hall.
The food hall is a welcome and exciting addition to Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood, which is already known as a dining destination. It’s perfect for visitors wanting to experience a variety of Chicago’s exquisite cuisine within a short time frame. In short, this place is sure to be a hotspot, so get in there!
Know Before You Go
- Time Out Market Chicago: 916 W. Fulton Market
- Open 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-midnight Friday-Saturday
- Not all food vendors are open for breakfast
- Food stalls do not accept cash; credit and debit only
- Cash accepted at bars